Dance Fitness is a Latin inspired dance-fitness class that incorporates Latin and International music and dance movements, creating a dynamic, exciting, exhilarating and effective fitness class. Our favourite dance styles include Salsa, Cha-Cha-Cha, Bachata, Merengue, Belly Dance and Reggaton. A Dance Fitness class is known as a Fitness party by our participants. The class combines fast and slow rhythms that tone and sculpt the body using an aerobic / fitness approach to achieve a unique blended balance of cardio and muscle-toning benefits
You don’t have to be able to dance or be co-ordinated to enjoy these classes. Everyone will eventually master the moves in a Dance Fitness class. We also offer regular workshops; breaking down the moves for each individual style of dance, for those who want to perfect the steps. The classes are non-competitive and great fun. Our students are very friendly and welcome everyone who joins the class. Part of the atmosphere is the laughs from the ladies getting it wrong and going in the opposite direction to everyone else! We don’t take ourselves seriously in Dance Fit’s classes. But we do take having fun and getting fitter serious achieving this in a relaxed party atmosphere.
Don’t be put off if you are overweight, unfit, uncoordinated or don’t know how to dance. You will be made to feel at ease in the class and by the end of the lesson you will have had so much fun you will wonder why you didn’t come sooner!
This class is an effective, innovative and exhilarating workout designed for everyone. The primary elements that make it a success are:
- IT’S GREAT FUN !! – The Dance Fitness class is “exercise in disguise”. Participants have a Great time and don’t even realize they are exercising. In fact it feels so good they want to do it every day.
- IT'S DIFFERENT !! – The music, the steps, the moves, the class, the energy….nothing compares to a Dance Fitness Party.
- IT'S EASY !! - The Dance Fitness class is designed for everyone. People of any fitness level, from any background and of any age can start the class straight away. You dance your way in your own style. Everyone goes at their own pace and within the limits of their own body / fitness levels.
- IT'S EFFECTIVE !! – Dance Fitness classes are cardio-based workouts with components of resistance/sculpting training to tone the entire body and achieve you desired fitness goals.
So what’s stopping you? Check out venues and times on our timetable and come along to a class.
Tighten and Tone
When it comes to body sculpting, our Tighten and Tone class raises the bar (or rather, the toning stick). It combines targeted body-sculpting exercises with Latin-infused Dance Fitness moves to create a calorie-torching, strength-training dance fitness-party. Students learn how to use lightweight, maraca-like Toning Sticks (1 ½ lb weights) to enhance rhythm and tone all their target zones, including arms, abs, glutes and thighs. Tighten and Tone is the perfect way for enthusiasts to sculpt their bodies naturally while having a good time.
The rhythms used in this class are slower than the regular Dance Fitness class to allow you to focus on the muscle contraction used in each movement. Light weights with frequent repetitions work to tone and strengthen the upper body and core. Your own body weight will be used with resistance to strengthen and tone the lower body.
This is a half hour class that is done in addition to the 1 hour Dance fitness class providing a full cardio- vascular and toning class.
The benefits of dance and weights in the same workout
- Improved cardiovascular endurance
- Improved overall muscular endurance
- Improved bone density, prevention of osteoporosis
- Improved joint mobility and range of motion
- Improved posture and stabilization
- Improved co-ordination and agility
- Improved cognitive function
- Improved motor control
- Increased caloric expenditure – weight management or weight loss
- Improved ability to perform pain-free activities or daily living